Patton Associates S-M-A-R-TTip™

Assisting leaders to better engage their people in team customer service!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I am a people development coach and consultant ...The People Development Guy. I specialize in facilitating customer service-related human relations / people skills training programs that are powerfully effective cross-generationally. As well, I consult to organizations in the people development field. I also work with individuals coaching professionals & leaders in becoming better at what they do. I also teach part-time at York University in Toronto. To re-create, I love to hike, ride my bike, and explore good books. I also avidly read health labels!

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

"The System Made Me Do It!" - July 2005

Do you often find confusing what some people do around you? Do you sometimes hear people commenting on things you know you never said? Do you get the impression that some you work with or know feel that others run their lives?

If you answered "Yes!" to any of my questions, you will find helpful the short editorial, "The System Made Me Do It!" by John Renesch. He includes some suggestions to help you through the haze you may have noticed. If you answered "No!" to one or all of my questions, you may wish to read John's piece to discover something you may have been missing. His "Five Apes Story" is fascinating.

Engaged staff are more enthusiastic and productive and serve their internal and external customers better. Contact me and ask me how my WE CARE process can enhance the engagement of even negative employees. You also could drop me a line and I'll send you a brief, free report on the importance of engagement and how you can enhance it.

Now It's Your Turn!: In what kind of weird behaviours do you watch people in your organization engage? How about sharing a story about a report you got about something you never said or did? Does Mr. Renesch's analysis make sense in your experience? (My 'Comment Section', in which you can share anonymously, will open to you when you click on "comments" immediately below this post.)

Until next time, how can I help you? (You can contact me by clicking here. Also, contact me directly to be added to Patton Associates’ S-M-A-R-TBriefing™ Mailing List. Check out recent samples here.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home